Monday, May 18, 2015

Fern Attack

Hello,

Leroy was feeling much better yesterday, not totally well, but better so I asked him to help me divide the fern which had reached the limits of growth in its pot. Before we started we took a before picture with first one and then the other of us standing by it. Then we gathered tools, gloves, and pots. It was a question of whether we could cut into three good pieces or if we should go for four. Leroy declared, “Four would be easiest.”

“Yes, but I think three was what I did last time and it would make a larger result.” I countered.

I got the fern out of its pot and laid it on the table. Leroy was in the garage so I went to see how he was gathering the saw for such a long time. He could not decide which saw was best. I suggested one and of course he immediately realized that the other saw was better. Great, I eliminated choices for him.

I remember doing that for Miriam when she could not decide what to wear. It was a rare day when she went with my choice, but she often asked for help. I would get disgusted. Finally a wise friend told me, “You did help, you eliminated choices for her.” That calmed my soul. It was almost a game in my mind which could I pick that she would not wear.

Leroy got the proper saw and attacked this fern with vigor. We ended with three fairly even chunks and one very small bit that was a single root or appeared to be. I also have after pictures.


Paula





No comments: