Monday, May 25, 2015

Life Changes

Hello,

Tis the season of graduations. We have gotten three notices of such. Yesterday we attended a graduation party. As Leroy said, “It has been a few years since we have done this.”

It was for the daughter of one of my co-workers. I have met the daughter and her boyfriend who were having a combined party. The introverted part of me did not want to go. With the overcast skies it was almost easy to talk myself out of it, but I dearly like my co-worker so, for her sake Leroy and I went. It really was not so hard because I had met her dad, stepmom, and mom when I helped her move. It was nice to reconnect with those people. We even had a crazy picture taken in their little photo booth. When I attend an event such as this I am always surprised by my comfort level after I get there, but getting there takes quite a bit of effort on my part. I did scan that crazy picture and put it on Facebook, but it is rather small and not worth further display so unless you are friends with me on Facebook you will not see it.

I remember being told by another high school student that she had always thought I was “stuck up” until she got to know me. I believe that was just me strapping on my courage armor so I could manage social situations and hoping no one would notice that I was uneasy.

Our next door neighbors are going to have the big old tree that graciously spreads its branches over our back yard, taken down. We will miss the wonderful shade it provides as well as the squirrel entertainment that happens there. This is the tree in which I have seen young squirrels testing out the world. Apparently there is some concern that the tree might come down in a big wind storm which we have from time to time. I understand this feeling, but I would still wait a year or two. We will notice this lack of the many benefits it provides.


Paula

No comments: