Sunday, May 3, 2015

Leroy gets a compliment

Hello,

This last week Leroy told me that someone gave him a compliment on his Maundy Thursday sermon. “And I did not think it was one of my best,” he added, “also, two people mentioned it three days ahead of that.”

“I cannot remember what you said,” I commented, “but I do remember thinking that it held my attention because, of course you are so riveting. Actually that is a true compliment when someone remembers to say something almost four weeks later.”

We went to the city wide garage sale yesterday. The biggest plus was visiting with people we do not see very often. We also got some bargains. Leroy found four books that looked good while I found a curved, two handled mincing knife with cutting board. The knife brand is familiar to me as being one of the good ones even though it only had one guy on it instead of three. That would mean it is the lowest quality the company produces. I used it to mince some of those dandelion greens and it did a great job. Now the trick will be to find a good accessible place for it in my rather crowded kitchen. As we have stayed longer in this house I have acquired a few other things rather than eliminated. I must evaluate the needs.

In our rounds at the garage sale we stopped at the parsonage we lived in for 15 years. They invited us to see what it looks like now. Quite different from when we lived there, but yet similar. I commented on liking all the cupboards in the kitchen. With a laugh they said they had to go out and buy more things to put in them and they still have not filled them.


Paula

No comments: