Thursday, May 7, 2015

Gifts for Leroy

Hello,

Leroy called me all excited to tell me that he had been to the Dr. about his ear. He had been having trouble hearing and had a sense of pressure in there for some time, probably three or four weeks. In the meantime he was self treating a sinus/allergy type condition. I had also been putting those ear wax remover drops in his ear along with rinsing. Course only once did we follow the directions to the letter in terms of how long to put it in.

He called the Dr.’s office last week only to learn that he would not be back until the end of May because he was on vacation. It was recommended that he try Insta care or some such place. Today he finally made that move. Luckily the provider, after stating that he had so much wax in both ears that neither drum was visible removed the copious amount of wax. Leroy tells me the pressure is gone and he can hear again. Boy am I glad! My commiseration level was taxed and some days none existent. I have heard quite a bit about this annoying condition, but I was mostly not able to help as I think Leroy should be in charge of himself. Because ear wax is often a problem Leroy thinks we should go buy that machine the physician used to get it out. I suspect he can make a lot of office visits before he pays for the machine. I have generally been able to remove the wax, although I cannot look in there to see if there is any left.

Leroy had ordered a bike rake so he can attach his panniers to the bike. Delivery was attempted yesterday, but we did not hear the knock. Leroy got on the computer and tried to have them keep it at the store until tomorrow when I could pick it up. Something was not going smoothly on the web site. Leroy just got frustrated and disgusted. Today, he suggested that I put a sign on the door to knock loudly. That produced the desired result. The delivery guy said that something must have been stolen at our address because they have a stipulation that they must get a signature in person. We both think it would no longer be necessary when they put it on the back porch. This kind delivery guy said he would talk to their tech guy to try to get that changed. Anyway Leroy is happy to have his bike rack now.

Life should be good with open ears and a way to carry, on the bike, this and that to and from work.


Paula

No comments: