Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting

Hello,
When I looked out this morning I saw a glistening street. Upon hearing that, Leroy groaned, “Everything was dry when I looked out.”
At the last minute he checked again, even going outside to learn if there was still rain coming down. There was so he drove. One thing about early morning rains they are best if they come so that he can make an easy decision.
I had planned to vote first thing so that I would know how much else I could get done before leaving for work. Being a morning person I have a big mental list of tasks that I want to get done before I leave the house. Consequently I am generally rushing around checking things off that list.
Today I altered the list a bit as I made granola first thing, hoping the rain would stop before I needed to go vote. Just as the granola and the dishes were done, it appeared to have ceased raining.
I dashed around collecting coat, walking sandals, and back pack so I could stop at the grocery store on the way home. After I had locked the door I wondered if I should get an umbrella. So unlock the door, go upstairs, and find the umbrella before coming back down and relocking the door. Before I got to the front sidewalk I had opened the umbrella against the light mist. A mist that, true to form, became more as I went along. Soon the wind picked up, one point it was enough to blow my umbrellas inside out. I was happy that my coat was below my bottom as my lower legs were getting wet. The rain was more than a mist, but blessedly less than a down pour.
I was not the only walker out there, plus there was one man on a bike. He was not wearing gloves or hat. Tough guy! He had been to the grocery store as his handle bars were weighted down with milk and grocery bags.
Paula

No comments: