Monday, November 12, 2012

Cold


Hello,

In spite of the cold, Leroy rode his bike this morning. He did not have on more leg covering than whatever pants he was wearing for work. He did, however, have on a face mask that covers his mouth and nose.

I took a walk this morning. I can admit to being cold when the wind found me. For some reason I have not been walking as much and I have decided to get back at it. One mile was plenty for me today. Saturday in the 60+ temperatures I walked over two miles. Comfort does make a difference to the outcome.

I will adjust to these temperatures, but I hope they stay steady rather than spike up and down so much. Our bodies do not have time to get acclimated. We have over an inch and a half of ice in our rain gauge. Guess it is time to take that inside as it will not acclimate.

The greens that I covered looked good this morning even though I had cut all the bigger leaves last night. I uncovered them because I was not sure that I would remember them later. So perhaps they have frozen now with the exposure.

Miriam tells me that they have a foot of snow on the ground. When they go a bit higher up the mountain to church it is closer to two feet of snow on the ground. Winter is indeed coming. I wish I could walk to work instead of drive there. I have not done much serious winter driving in a long time. Since I have not been working in the past I just simply did not go and waited a day as there were few things I needed just that instant.

I have basil growing in the window in this room. It was in the shade outside in the summer. It looks much better in here. It surprises me when I look at it as usually plants go the other way as they usually prefer the outdoors.

Paula

No comments: