Monday, November 26, 2012

Sitting Tall


Hello,

I did the power yoga once more and even finished it. Right now I am sitting tall and straight because of that workout. As it turned out the last part of the session was really much slower, not necessarily easier, but I felt more in control than when moving so quickly. I am not as flexible as I would like to believe that I am. Certain sitting postures are difficult for me to do. At least at one point the guide said not to strain. That helps me to feel that I should not be overwhelmed by the difficulty. On the cover of this DVD it says it is for all ages and all levels of fitness. Seems to me that is not quite true, but I will keep doing it. A women that used to have a yoga program on TV stressed that it is not a competition and I must remember that I am competing with no one, just trying to create better health.

I was pleased to get a letter from the Social Security administration telling me that my Medicare sign up was complete. I had been feeling a little anxious because I was about six weeks beyond the recommended sign up date. Just about two days later I received my card so now I am all set. I can put that fussiness aside.

Leroy will have no difficulty since he has watched me lead the way. He is so lucky to have an older wife. Older, but of course I look much younger.

It was back on the bike this morning, for that daring guy even thought the report was for temperatures in the 20’s. I went out to do some things later, and it did feel a bit cold. Leroy misses that time outdoors when he is unable to ride. I should walk more too as I also like to be outside. For some reason we have gotten away from walking at 5:30 am as we used to do. It was a great way to wake up and get energized for the day. Now we sleep until 6:00, sigh.

Paula

No comments: