Sunday, November 4, 2012

Learning Names


Hello,

At book club today I was determined to get some more names down. The group has changed almost every meeting, not totally changed, but there are often two or three new people or that many people might be gone. Consequently I am having a hard time getting the names. One woman wears her name tag and that helps me a lot. I know that many people do not like to wear nametags, but for us visual learners it is a great crutch. Today I asked the woman sitting next to me her name and then I told her what I remembered of others names. Most I did not have correct, but it was just mixed up with someone else.

The book we discussed today was Secrets of Eden, by Chris Bohjalian. We all thought it was good, but found it difficult to answer the questions that were included. Is it perhaps because there are so many issues in life that have no easy answers?

I also have a hard time learning names of people in choir. Again there are no name tags. I have only heard their names and most of those came to me when the entire choir introduced themselves. That was only 30-40 names. It is too many for my shrinking brain to remember.

I am enjoying all of the wonderful music in this church. The organist is at the top of the heap, but then his wife, the choir director follows and maybe sometimes passes him in excellence.

I also have found the sermons to have an important message in them as well. The pastors are engaging speakers. One downer is that we cannot often attend adult Sunday school because it takes place during one of the services and we are frequently singing then.

Paula

No comments: