Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Beeping


Hello,

I came home last night tired but somewhat elated because I had had a session with the cub scouts that went very well. One of the dads afterwards told me that I did an exceptionally good job. I was giving them some tips and points about library cataloging, how to find things and what might be best. The five boys in attendance seemed amazingly interested.

As I came into the stairwell at home and changed into my slippers I heard a beep. A little later I again heard it as I was telling Leroy about my day and he was telling me about how tired he was. That time he also heard the beep. He wondered if it were a smoke alarm.

“We have to find it,” I insisted, “I can’t sleep listening to that and wondering where it is.”

We started looking for smoke alarms in each room. There were not so many or we did not just find them. But we heard the beep two more times. I decided to stand where I thought it was located and behold it was coming from my purse. My phone battery needed charging. I am so glad we solved that mystery.

Tired Leroy went to bed just after that discovery even though it was just 9:00pm. This morning he tells me that he feels fine. I know it is a reoccurring theme from me but I asked, “Can’t you take a nap at work?”

He always did this before. At noon he generally took a five or ten minute nap and that seemed to give him lots of energy.

“No, I cannot nap,” he said, “I have to be at the front desk all of the time. The intern and I used to take turns, but she is no longer there. I would look bad sleeping there.”

I did not have an answer to that so I guess he will just have to go to bed early some times.

Paula

No comments: