Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving


Hello,

Leroy and I were together all day today. Sometimes on holidays Leroy has a hard time if we do not go somewhere or have someone come visit. Today he was quite content to just be here and with me. He puttered around the house and did some odds and ends so that he could feel that he accomplished something.

Because of great phone service we called all of our siblings and children. I even called a cousin who is 15 years younger than I am. I do not know when I have last seen her. I really have not talked to her as an adult. Her father, my last living uncle died just recently. I touched bases with her about the loss at holidays.

I am not much for using the phone, but it was very satisfying today. I should perhaps use it more often. The call with Brian involved the webcam and that was so nice to see Logan as he has once again changed. Sophia was there too, but the changes were not so obvious. Sophia plays a nice game of hide and seek on the webcam.

This afternoon, Leroy and I went out for a spin on our landlord’s two seater trike/bike. It was great fun to cruise around the flat neighborhood and avoid any big hills. People smiled and one even complimented us on our bike. I resisted the urge to babble on about how it was not our bike and just said as we sailed past, “We like it too.”

We made our blueberry pie with oil crust and pronounced it good even though it did not look very American. We also had rather untypical foods for the day, but we pronounced that good too.

I believe we will not participate in any of the black Friday sales even though we have talked about getting a new TV and a small computer such as a tablet. We are not yet quite ready to make those purchases. Nothing else takes our attention. I do need to buy some groceries and that will be all even though we might check out some of the things in the stores.

Paula

No comments: