Saturday, November 17, 2012

Shopping


Hello,

Leroy and I went shopping today. The first stop was the easiest as it was for a wrap for the water heater as well as some wrap for the pipes. The large home supply store had everything we needed. That seems to be the shopping that both Leroy and I handle the best. Needed, found, done, home.

Leroy needed/wanted some more brown shoes. He has a pair, but they are at work and every once in a while he wants to wear them to some other destination. Also he tells me that he has had the them for a long time and they are starting to show some signs of wear. I have no objection to him owning two pair of brown shoes, but he seemed to need to justify it.

At the fourth shoe place he found some that he liked, they fit, and they were on sale so the price was bearable. It took some effort, but we got that job done.

“The hem of my gray dress pants is frayed,” Leroy told me a week ago, then he asked, “Can you fix them?”

I am not the world’s best and most enthusiastic sewer/mender. After discussing the issue with my sister, who likes to sew, I decided to try, but I would still have Leroy look for more pants while we were out shopping.

In the first store we found four sale pair that he tried on, but none fit him. We dragged ourselves to two more stores in the mall. Just who are these people who like to shop? Could we hire them? For some reason all of the pants in his waist size were too short or too long in the inseam. We drove to one more store. He found three pair to try on. One of them was the perfect waist size, but was too short and the one that should have been the right length and the right waist was miss-sized because it was too tight. After inquiring we learned that they did not have Leroy’s size even on the Internet. A store that is about 20-30 miles away has it, but we do not have any energy left to go there and they said it would take 8 weeks at this time of year for them to send it to us.

On the way home Leroy said, “I am sure that if you mend those pants they will just be very good.”  So back to mending.

Paula

No comments: