Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas trip

Hello,

After lunch on Sunday, I said, “I really want to go. Someone stated that the highway was clear yesterday.”

Leroy reluctantly said, “Ok, but if it is bad we turn around again.”

We left the snow covered streets of town and zoomed on down the totally clear road. The only problem was when we got on the county road to go the ten miles to my sisters house. That road looked snow and ice covered with a suitable gleam. But we can deal with ten miles of not such good surface. At least the other 400 miles were fine. Except for St Louis there weren’t even that many cars certainly all people seemed to have driving instructions.

Because of snow predicted for yesterday we came home a day early. It was good to be home when we saw new snow on the drive yesterday morning and through the course of the day.

It was much warmer there and a lot less snow. It is interesting to come back to it. Somehow I tend to think that the whole world is just like it is where I am at the moment. Again it was the streets in town that were snow covered. After some additional snow yesterday they are still mostly covered.

I was so happy with my new boots, but no more. They leak even though they state that they are puddle proof. I walked almost a mile yesterday, they are great for walking. There was quite a lot of melting snow and by the time I was ready to come home I realized that one of my feet was wet. I am going to write to the company and let them know. The big puddles did not attract me. I avoided all that I could, but to no avail.

Leroy and I went to the Sherlock Holmes movie last night. It is nice to go, but I did not enjoy it a great deal. There was too much violence for me as well as too many decibels. What a wonderful thing if each patron could control the sound level. I suspect I would have cut it in half. My ears were ringing when I went out. The guy behind us said that he even turns off his hearing aid. Can this be good?

Paula

No comments: