Thursday, December 17, 2009

Health and Plants

Hello,

The person scheduling my mammogram asked, “Do you still have both of your breasts?” Feeling slightly shocked, I realized that of course that could be answered with “no”. With a pang of guilt for taking health for granted, I breathed a prayer of thanks for my health and for the people I know who have just one breast, but live with joy and appreciation.

Yesterday the Dr. did comment that I did not take many medicines, in fact it is just one. I am thankful for that too.

Leroy and I are both going to get the H1N1 flu shot if we do not have to wait in line for a very long time. We are both sure there is a good chance that we will not get the flu. We can walk the mile so get some exercise in the process.

Sunny warmth has come to us, but I am still dressing as if it were cold. I do not want to be caught without needed protection.

The two Christmas cacti are blooming. One is as covered as it is possible to be. What blessing! Then the Wandering Jew that lives in a vase filled with water is also blooming.

Leroy says, “We now have the upstairs conservatory.” The computer room has eight plants and the writing room has nine with one additional plant in the spare bedroom. We moved some plants up because a Christmas tree took up residence in the living room. Downstairs two plants are in the kitchen and four are left in the living room. Then there are the three half dead plants in the basement that were brought in from outdoors. They did not look very good when I left for Minnesota, and Leroy tells me that he did not water them. Would you believe that there are also five amaryllis bulbs not yet replanted? I guess I am waiting for others plants to stop blooming. Or maybe I just don’t want to do it. I like dealing with dirt, but not inside and outside is no longer an option.

Paula

No comments: