Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Car Keys and Phone Lost

Hello,

Just a half hour before packing up to go home from the Thanksgiving visit at Brian’s house; I looked for my car keys. They were not in their usual place in my purse, not in the entire purse either. Searching it all was necessary just in case I had put them in the unaccustomed place. Next I searched my coat pockets. At least here I had brought only one coat. No keys. No keys were in my jean pockets. Next it was on to the small suitcase pockets. Where could they be?

I asked Sarah if she had seen them, but no and there was not a lot of time to look since we must take them to the airport soon. “Surely keys even with keyless entry can be replaced,” I commented to Leroy.

Before we left I had enough time to dump everything out of my purse, search the suitcase, look around the house, and feel disgusted with myself.

Brian returned from taking Miriam’s family to the airport so I told him to keep an eye out for any key that did not fit their car. At least Leroy could find his keys so we left.

Every time we I had to wait for Leroy to open the door for me. It certainly took some extra thinking once in a while as we went to some stores in Des Moines on the way home.

Then after stopping at a rest area, I could not find my phone. “What is happening? Am I becoming senile and unable to keep track of my things all in one day?” I wailed.

When we stopped again, I searched more in the car and found my phone where it had fallen out of my purse. That was good.

At home I instructed Leroy who was emptying the suitcase, “Search everywhere in there for my keys.”

He did not find them, but I did when I got out my sweatpants. I had put them in the pocket for safekeeping. It was safe from me.

Paula

No comments: