Wednesday, December 16, 2009

shoveled snow

Hello,
Leroy managed to finish shoveling the snow before I came home. He did the drive as well as the sidewalk. Because there are kids who walk to school we like to be sure to get the sidewalk done. Today I looked out to see three kids come up the side walk and then they proceeded to walk on the snow beside the shoveled walk. The same route was chosen when they went home. When they crossed the street they did the same thing. Oh well we tried.
Unlike the students, I walk in every cleared spot that I see, be it on the sidewalk or in the street. I do watch to see that there are no cars that want to occupy the same space at the same time that I want it.
My will power it great if there is nothing around to tempt me. Our new neighbors brought over a plate of candy. I have been fairly good about not eating it all, but it calls my name if I listen carefully. We each only eat one piece a day. So it will be ok.
I had a physical today and my blood pressure is great. Could it have been because I just came from doing yoga and tai chi?
Maybe tomorrow I will walk downtown to get the H1N1 flu shot. I got the regular flu shot today. Generally I do not get the flu, but one never knows now that I am older. It seems to me that Leroy should get that for sure.
The temperatures might be colder in Minnesota, but it can still feel very cold here in southern Iowa. My cheeks hurt by the time I had walked a mile.
Paula

No comments: