Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Babysitting II

Hello,

Time flies when you are playing around. Sophia and I have spent a good bit of time building towers, reading books, hiding, dancing, singing, and running around. And today she went to daycare.

I might say that I could lose some weight, but Brian left so much good food that I am eating for two because it is tasty. The stars are squash soup and lasagna. Not necessarily eaten at the same meal.

It was quite cold this morning with about 3-5 inches of snow on the ground. I went out at 5:30 to start shoveling before Sophia woke. Because of the wicked wind I was not able to stay out more than 15-20 minutes before my cheeks felt frozen. I was able to drive the car out even though the snow plow had gone and piled up more snow. The streets were slippery so I slide at the bottom of the hill and it was a bit hard to get up the hill on the return.

Because of that I cancelled plans to meet friends for lunch. It seemed that an accident of any type would really make it difficult since I was here alone.

I managed to finish clearing the snow off the drive by small increments, plus a neighbor with a snow blower did about one fourth of it. Then I realized that the dog was not moving beyond the door when I would put her out. I shoveled a short path for her too. She was quite happy to go potty on that, but had to jump over her excrement since I did not make the path in a circle. I am learning too. Maybe tomorrow I can make a proper circle so she can walk on.

Paula

No comments: