Saturday, December 12, 2009

In Minnesota

Hello,

Jen’s mom came to visit today. She graciously brought lunch and a snack. We had a nice visit. Sophia went to bed for her nap when Maxine left. It is now an hour later and I can hear her still talking downstairs. It is hard to know how long that should go on. She is not crying, but it seems like a long time to stay in bed not sleeping.

Sophia was restless in bed last night. She spent quite a bit of time awake and talking. I covered her once. The second time I went in she wanted me to hold her so I sat and rocked her until I got cold. Seems to me that mom and dad do not do this, but I asked if she wanted to come to bed with me. She said yes and I think she fell asleep about a minute later and stayed asleep until long after the usual time that she gets up.

Oh dear, I have ruined her sleep pattern.

I am happy that I can now tell Sophia that her parents will be back tomorrow. I think she is missing them. She wanted to look at their pictures on my photo album on the computer. They should come home in the night and then see Sophia in the morning. I expect it to be a happy reunion.

I did take advantage when Maxine was here to go for a walk with Cloe. That dog does not like to poop in the yard. She pulled me to the park and went there, but on the way home she went again. Luckily I had taken two bags. Before I could get the bag tied up the second time I realized she had to go again. Would you believe three times on the way home? Luckily the second bag was the larger bag so it could hold more.

Paula

No comments: