Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Perfect

Hello,

The day was balmy, breezy, and sunny. It was time to check for the last flowers to be gathered before the frost the next morning. Still blooming were some geraniums, alyssum, petunias, Gerber daisies, begonias, mums, and the odd begonia that was tucked in closer to the house. The lone rose bush also had an almost finished blossom. There was a bud on a long stem before we went to Minnesota, but it was gone when we came back. It appeared to be ripped off. Could something have eaten it? Then I noticed another long stem that disappeared into the clematis. Working gingerly I got it out to see the most perfect rose bud. It was just open a little. What gifts and treasures there are to found hiding!

Yesterday I lifted weights. Seven and a half pounds was a lot even thought when I lifted the last time three months ago I had thought about moving up a level. Where did the strength go? All to flab! Now I must work to regain my former physic.

Yoga has taken over. Three times a week almost always keeps me supple, but perhaps not as strong in some areas of the body. I still walk, but have mostly dropped to three miles per day. I think with winter coming I will have to keep pushing myself as I did not enjoy it in the wind with 29 degree temps. At least coming home was better than going since I was going south with the wind at my back.

Leroy and I found some hedge balls in a park. I insisted that we carry them 1.4 miles homes so we could give them to the kids for Christmas. Here they put those in their homes believing that spiders leave since they do not like them. These hedge balls were quite large and both Leroy and I became tired before we were done with the walk. But it was worth it to see the bemused expressions on the in-laws faces as they opened them. I was surprised to learn that only Brian knew what they were. By the way you can even buy them in the store here at the great rate of 3 for a dollar. However ours were so much larger that they surely would have fetched a higher price of perhaps even 2 for a dollar.

Paula

If you would like to look at the rose, hedge ball, and advent wreath that is included because I am so pleased with it. I also think of the wreaths that we would purchase in the market in Bratislava and feel nostalgic.
Go to this web address.

http://picasaweb.google.com/psbradway/Rose#

No comments: