Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas is coming

Hello,

No Christmas cards are done, most presents are purchased, no krumkaka is baked, pumpkin bread has been made and distributed to the neighbors, the tree is up, decorations are up (But not just right, unfortunately we can’t figure out how to make them better. Just what did we do last year when everything seemed perfect?), three candles lit on the advent wreath, and there is snow on the ground.

More blessing come to our door. Someone gave us three rather large pumpkins. Leroy and I cleaned one, cut it, cooked it, cleaned seeds, fried seeds, froze some ten cups of the pulp, and made three loaves of pumpkin bread. This was the small pumpkin, who can guess how much bounty is in the other two. We will certainly get our fill of vitamin A. It will be a bit later before we tackle the others as our freezer is small.

I am accompanying four songs for the Sunday school Christmas program. I have been out of town when they practiced. Since they are familiar carols, I am not nervous, but I just hope they know when my intro is finished. Life is always interesting. Even though it is not required I am playing a postlude because it is a favorite of mine. It is a noel by D’Aquine. Darn, I can’t remember how to spell the name of this French organ composer. I have only practiced it the last three days. Because I have not played it for probably ten years I am skipping the hardest middle section. Do you think anyone will notice? Will anyone listen anyway? Usually there is much talk and a fast exit from church.

My granddaughters like to help Granny “fix” her face. I have pictures of Sophia helping to put caps on this and that. Earlier, while in Kenya, I had taken some pictures of Lexi checking out my equipment. If you would like to see them both, here is the link.

Paula
http://picasaweb.google.com/psbradway/SophiaDec2009#

No comments: