Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sweets Galore

Hello,
Leroy and I are no longer walking the straight and narrow when it comes to sweets. More have entered the house and I think they are multiplying on their own. Three of them can disappear in someone’s mouth in an instant. Good thing we are not hung up on alcohol, no discipline here.
I did take some pictures of the Christmas Cacti. They look better in person. But here is the website so you can take a peek. http://picasaweb.google.com/psbradway/Rose#
The first four are of a cactus that was my mother’s that is 25+ years old. It was shocked quite a bit when we moved it three years ago and has just now recovered. The older one that is on the floor does not get as much light so is not blooming as early or as profusely. It is 38 years old. Leroy and I got a slip the first Christmas that we were married so it is easy to keep track of the age. The basket is Slovak, as is the stand that the other is on. The stand was a gift from our Slovak teacher and we were able to being it home in our suitcase. A friend brought The basket to the US in their shipment since they had a little extra space.
The amaryllis bulbs are planted. The second pumpkin has been cooked and put into containers. For the time being it is residing in the refrigerator temperature garage. When we get the duck and chicken out of the freezer there will be room for the pumpkin. Good thing nature can help us.
The Christmas letter is waiting to be captured as it rolls around in my brain. Because I write so much all of the time I was hoping to do something more philosophical, but the thoughts are illusive and only occur when I am in the shower or walking across town.
Soon, soon, I will do this task.

Paula

No comments: