Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day

Hello,

Leroy worked this morning and I went to yoga so life was mostly like a regular day. It was quite cold, close to zero so I donned a facemask. I do not like to do that because my glasses steam up with my breath. But if I do not wear glasses I do not see the ground surface very well. With all of the ice and snow around it is crucial for good footing to be able to see it. Adjusting the mask up and down helped to keep my glasses clear and provide intermittent warmth.

There were only two of us at yoga, but I am glad I went. When I am at home I do not keep at exercises as well as I used to. The same can be said for lifting weights. No resolutions are being made on that score; I figure that I will get at it when I can.

It seems that we are going through withdrawal from sweets. They are all gone except for “boughten” candy that we might save for a while or give a way. Grapefruit and popcorn were snack today. It worked when we finally thought of it.

Leroy and I played a game of trivial pursuit this afternoon. Amazing, but we ended in a tie. Usually Leroy trounces me. In spite of having the same number of game pieces, he did answer many more questions than I. His face shows that he even knows many of the answers to my questions. I tried to keep my feelings under lock and key, but it was not easy. I really want to know everything.

It snowed again today so we have a beautiful landscape. I thought about getting out the cross country skis, but this cold is daunting. Maybe another other day will work out.

The Christmas cacti look beautiful. Just a few blossoms have dropped of old age so they are really covered. Then I have a potted white geranium that is blooming. Leroy declared it so perfect that he thought the flowers were fake. What joy!
Leroy checked out a movie from the library yesterday. He got a comedy. Again we are not sure who laughs at these things. I told him I would look for the next movie and see if that would be better.

Paula

No comments: