Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cold, Cold, Cold

Hello,

It was about -10 on our inexact thermometer. At any rate it was cold. Leroy decided to walk to work in the afternoon. I went with him so I would not be walking alone in the cold. I did have a task that I could do there. I have somehow gotten in charge of choosing the music for the Krista Bell group. It seemed important to the librarian in me to have a list of our pieces as well as stamping the church name on the cards. We did share a copy with the Baptist church and borrowed theirs. Seems like someone ought to know what belongs to whom, especially with borrowing going on.

The walk was not so bad, but by then it was getting close to zero F. with only a hint of wind. It felt good to get out.

In the morning we made a trip by car to the grocery store to take advantage of the good sale on mushrooms, bananas, and milk. Leroy wanted to have homemade pizza so we also got a green pepper. With the addition of onions we made a great pizza and warmed the kitchen at the same time.

Leroy is getting so excited about his stamp collection and purchasing more and more supplies for it. Can’t say that I understand that, but I will admit that he has learned about world geography as well as some points of US history. So it is not all for naught. Collecting things just does not appeal to me.

I have written the new year a couple times but have not really mastered it yet as usually an additional zero gets in there before I can make the one appear. Good for the brain to struggle with some things.

Tomorrow since it is to be even colder, I will ride to church with Leroy and entertain myself for an hour ahead of time. Then I will either find someone to give me a ride home or go with Leroy to the small church or even have him drop me at the house on his way past. It is possible to live with one car. We just have to think and plan a little more.


Paula

No comments: