Monday, January 4, 2010

Cold Again

Hello,

Again the thermometer listed just a slight bit below zero so I was getting prepared to walk to yoga when the phone rang. “Paula, I can give you a ride. I need to run my car a little more than just four blocks.”

I hesitated.

“It is cold, and I would be happy to do this,” she assured me.

“Ok, but I will walk home,” I said, “It should be warmer then.”

“Yeah, right, maybe one degree,” she laughed.

When we went past a time and temp board I noted that it was -9. “At our house it is -10,” my rescuer said.

So I guess the carport does protect the temperature. I walked home the mile, but it was not too bad as long as I did not face the wind. Leroy and I walked to the library this afternoon and again it was fine as long as we did not face the wind, but there was no help but to do that to get home. Sun is not always a predictor of warmth. Supposedly it is 5 degrees now.

I again made pumpkin bread. Because it was for Leroy and I the recipe got altered in this way: less than one cup of sugar instead of three, about ¾ c of oil instead of one, and one and a 1/3 c. of whole wheat flour instead of all three and 1/3 cups being white. We both think it is plenty sweet and tastes good. Next time I might even put in half whole wheat flour as we like the taste.

Paula

No comments: