Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Exercise

Hello,

Yesterday I walked over to church to get my yoga supplies since only one person has come to a session there since Christmas. Quitting seemed the best action. Leroy forgot his sermon for the senior housing. I walked with him to increase my time on foot. Lastly we walked the short distance to the evening service. I play the piano for him at all of these services. That made a total of four miles walked. It increases my positive mental outlook when I get outside for a good walk. If the wind is strong and the air cool then I am always grateful for the opportunity to get inside again.

Last night the piano was an electric one that sounded quite nice. However, in the middle of one of the hymns I must have hit some auxiliary button because I was joined by some notes I did not intend to play. They continued even though I stopped. Turning off the power and restarting got us back on track. These people are not in a nursing home, but more like senior housing. Their singing is so much more robust.

Today, because I did not have another reason to go out I only took one walk that consisted of two miles. Before going in the house when I came home, since it was so nice out, I grabbed the shovel and went to the end of the sidewalk that is close to the school. For reasons that we can’t imagine this last five feet of walk is frequently not cleared. It only took me about three minutes to carve a path. We both feel it is the school property, but for some reason they ignore it. This morning we walked that stretch with a boy who was not wearing boots. I figured I could complain for much longer than was necessary to just clean it up and enjoy it the next time I walked. Besides, that gave me an excuse to exercise a little more. Opportunities are there if we just seek them out rather than looking for the “easy” nonphysical method.

Paula

No comments: