Friday, January 22, 2010

Less Ice

Hello,

We confidently left the house this morning, I in regular shoes and Leroy in boots. After two slips almost immediately, I returned to put on boots. Then we set off again, clinging to each other and offering support. Even thought I always thing it odd that men seem to be able to stand upright and women cling that is the way it really was with us too even though Leroy did slip a couple times. Somehow he is not as afraid of falling as I am, but then he has not been told he has osteoporosis.

In many places the street was clear, but then cars seem to think that is their place so we have to give way a lot. It was still nice to go out for this mile walk. When I came home it was much better as just a couple hours helped the melt. This afternoon almost of the ice came off the trees. Now one had to be careful not to be hit on the head.

It seemed that I was doing a good job learning the “old lady afraid to fall on the ice shuffle”. Amazing it is that I have gotten to that point. Now however, since it is melting, maybe I will not need that skill for a while.

I will be singing a solo in church on Sunday. It was to be a duet, but the person who was to sing with me does not know the song and she has been unable to get out her driveway for three days so it is all up to me now. I practiced with the accompanist today so I know where my weak places are.

I am grateful that our power has stayed on and that we have not had as much ice as other many places. What a blessing to be warm and be able to turn on the light to read. I am now on page 900+ of my book and starting to read in gulps rather than word by word. “Too many words, too many words”. I do like the book in spite of wanting to get to the end.

Paula

No comments: