Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pedometer

Hello,

I put on the pedometer to record my 8000 steps today. Taking it off before I went on the first walk, I forgot to put it back on. I did remember when we went to the library in the afternoon. That walk required 4000 steps. That seems excessive since it was only about 1.5 miles. So does that mean the pedometer is inaccurate? Or do I do too much bouncing? Or does it mean that in the snow I take much smaller steps therefore taking more steps to get to the destination? Life is full of mysteries.

Leroy and I spent more time looking for that mystery star. We got our moving boxes organized and much neater than they were before, however no star. Then we went to church and Leroy looked there while I marked some CD’s with the church name. I did find some small wooden stars that Leroy had gotten when he went to Israel. They are about the size of an ornament for a Christmas tree. He will take those to church since he wants stars there. They will add stars each Sunday in Epiphany. Unfortunately the large rather dramatic stain glass star will remain hidden. When something is just out of reach and out of sight it gains considerable importance.

Tomorrow it is to get warmer. That will be nice. We noticed a difference from our morning walk and the afternoon walk, just a few degrees makes a welcome change.

I had put that unusual smelling cinnamon stick in the bean soup that I made yesterday. Neither Leroy nor I could taste cinnamon, but it is the best tasting soup. I will have to use some more of the sticks this way.

I lifted weights today, but they seem to have gained weight from two days ago. I thought they should have lost since I am surely stronger.

Paula

No comments: