Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Movie Night

Hello,

Leroy and I both enjoyed the movie, Blind Side. Because it was a Monday night we did not get to the theater so very early. It was surprisingly full. I was thinking that we might have to sit in the front, but there some empty seats in the back, however no two together. I told Leroy, “I do not want to sit in the front. I am going to ask if any of these seats are still open.” Then we found that some people had their coats on a seat and they did move them for us and we got to sit together in the last row. I consider that a good thing.

I am also glad that so many people were there. It helps to insure that the theater can go on. It is a community project of some type and the tickets are only $3. That is great for such newly released movies. Leroy and I do not even spend any gas getting there so it is a very nice thing. The five-ten minute walk provides a little exercise.

We have seen a movie a week in the last three weeks. That is just way above average. We have probably gone about three times in the rest of the months that we have been here. Leroy has gone to some without me, but I have not gone alone. Many have not appealed.

The preview was for Invictus. Another movie to be watched next week. It might become a habit. At least I think the movie is coming next week. There are two movies available each week. So there are some choices.

Now if I can just finish reading my book, World without End before I have to return it to the library. The total number of pages is over 1000. With half of it read and already renewed once, It is questionable if it will be done in time. Perhaps a scheme might be to return it and check it out on Leroy’s card. Maybe they might make an exception since this is not a new book so there would surely be no one waiting for it.

Paula

No comments: