Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Warm and sunny

Hello,

It is sunny and warm if you sit in the sunny window. Walking to church was fine except for my face. Do they sell helmets for walkers? It would help if I did not need glasses to see. Leroy just takes his off and he manages. For me the ice is not visible from a distance of five feet so my glasses stay on. My down coat seemed like a good idea, but it was really too warm by the time I got to church. Warmer boots might have also contributed to the warm sensation. Maybe the body has adjusted to cold weather. At least it will be cold for a bit longer so there is no necessary return adjustment to warm weather.

This summer I buried all vegetable compost. Since it got cold I put it in a bucket in the garage. Now the problem is that the bucket is full and the ground is frozen. What to do? Would it be good to dig a hole in the snow and bury it that way? Put it in the garbage to go to the landfill? Put it in the garbage disposal? No definitive answers raise their hands.

One of the people at my yoga class commented that I walk like a girl not like an older person. How old do I look? This is a compliment, right? I must stride right a long. I have to confess that this ice is slowing me down as I have no desire to join it on the ground. At least my boots have good traction.

This afternoon the Christmas decorations will come down since this is the last day of Christmas. I will put all away, but the tree and the advent wreath since I want to light them one more time tonight.

I picked out a movie yesterday and only did a bit better than Leroy has been doing. Are there no movies in the library that we would like? Do we instead have to rent them? The negatives for renting are paying and returning them in 24 hours. It is nice to have a week. We do not have cable TV so we need other sources of entertainment. Mostly we like to read, but once in a while something else is nice.

Paula

No comments: