Friday, January 8, 2010

Sun, Wind, and Cold

Hello,

The sun is so inviting. But the air is deceptively cold. My light weight gloves were not adequate for shoveling the end of the drive as well as the sidewalk. Everything was fine with the addition of better gloves nestled in sheepskin mittens. I am so grateful for warm clothes to wear in this weather.

For lunch we moved the table over so we can soak up the sun along with some nutrients. In northern climes why aren’t houses built with a lot of southern exposure? We have never lived in a place that had really great south windows and we have lived in many places. Thirteen places we have called home for three months or more. One place we left and came back to and I am not counting those returns. How many more places will it be before we die? It is hard to believe that I never was farther than a half day’s drive from home before I was 18 years old. My dad was a dairy farmer and that certainly made a difference.

I have some spice sticks in a package from Stephen and Sarah. Today I got those out and added them to liquid thinking that they were cinnamon sticks. The smell is something different that I can not identify. On the package it is called Canelle Baton. The internet reveals that it is indeed cinnamon sticks, but in French. However they are their own breed of cinnamon.

I forgot to wear my pedometer when I shoveled. Do you think I could add 1000 steps for that? I do not think I will walk anywhere outside. Leroy tells me it was not so much fun going that .8 mile to church. The stairs should give me a good workout if I do them enough times.

I spent some more time looking for that elusive stain glass star. Maybe Leroy and I should tackle some boxes that were mostly for packing. Something might be stored in one of them. I know have seen this star in the last six months. Can the memory be true?

Paula

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We think the cinnamon is different because it is the real stuff - or at least, we know where it came from and that they actually grow it there!