Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow, wind, cold

Hello,

Finally last evening the snow stopped so I started putting on the required clothes. Leroy was watching a movie so I was surprised when he immediately turned it off and said, “I’m coming out too.”

“You won’t finish the movie?” I wondered.

“No it is ok to quit. I want the snow off the driveway,” he said.
With less accumulation than sometimes it was a 20 minute job. Unfortunately, this morning it was necessary to do it again as more snow had fallen during the night. Tomorrow it will be necessary to take out the drifts. But we can do it we are strong. I just lifted weights. I am going to try to go back to doing that at least twice a week. It takes a long time to gain strength and a nano second to lose it.

Each time I looked out I could tell that the wind was getting stronger and blowing more snow. I worried about Leroy walking home in that. When he did come home he did not seem so concerned. The temperature was still above zero so I guess it was not as bad as it is going to get. We even went to the grocery store and library. It was good for me to get out of the house. At least we have some more movies to try to find a good one. We checked out five that means there can be some discards.

Maybe we will move soon since I got the urge to clean out a drawer. Could it be called a junk drawer? Next it was on to some of the files in the file cabinet. I am always trying to psych out my urges to get rid of things, maybe moving, but maybe not. At any rate five pounds of things will not be moved when ever it happens. Someone should thank me for this effort.

Paula

No comments: