Monday, July 31, 2017

Still Fussing

Hello,



We are still fussing with our internet connectivity. Yesterday Leroy set up another repair appointment. It is free if they do not come in the house, however if they come in it is a significant, to this woman, amount of money. Our downstairs friends thought we should just go buy a new modem/router as ours is about seven years old.



The store was not busy and we got some wonderful help. Unfortunately the machine we wanted to buy was not in stock and would not be until two days after our repair date. We checked at another store, but they did not carry the products at all that we needed. The next step was back to the original to buy a router and a modem. Leroy tried valiantly to make it all work, even spending quite a bit of talking time with the internet company. However the new could not be coaxed into responding. Then he hooked up the old and it has been working perfectly since then. Can you explain such a thing?



I watched the movie, Hacksaw Ridge. Part of the reason for watching was a patron at the library said it was skipping. I cleaned it, and then was checking to make sure it worked rather than needing further repair. Generally I do not watch them, but the idea of a conscious objector in war had an appeal. The disc worked just fine. Even though I do not generally like war movies, I liked this one, perhaps in part because it was based on a true story. I even cried which is also rare for me. It gives me hope for the human spirit. It also reminded me some of the book, Unbroken, which also touched me in a deep way. Leroy looked at the cover of the case, heard some of the beginning, and felt that it was too emotional for him. I believe he would have also liked it, but he would have cried harder than I did.



Paula

No comments: