Saturday, July 8, 2017

Motion Day

Hello,

Leroy and I set out to the garden just after we hung out a load of clothes. It felt wonderful to be out in the early morning quiet. At the garden we had so much fun weeding that I did not realize until on the trip home that we had spent an hour and a half. The only down side was that I found some ants who let me know that they did not appreciate my presence there by biting my wrists and lower arms. I moved away, took off my garden gloves,  took off my UV shirt, checked my shoes, ends of my pant legs, shook out the gloves, shook out the shirt, turned the sleeves inside out, laid the shirt aside and let the sun have at me in my tank top. My wrists and arms stung for some time even after I had washed off at home.

Our next task was to go get some almonds and OTC meds for Leroy. I was so happy to see that the sale almonds had an extra 20% in the bag that I bought seven bags without considering the total cost. I said “Uffda” when I was informed of that bill which also had 20 dollars worth of meds on it. But we can pay it so life is good. The expiration date on the almonds is not until 2019 so it will be a nice year of eating. They well could be gone before that. I use a cup in granola about every week or two. Also I mix them with peanuts and they are my first choice when I feel hungry.

We rested a little and then headed out to finish delivering the neighborhood newsletters for the two blocks that I had not covered yet. That only took half an hour if you do not add in time spent visiting with neighbors, two of whom sounded interested in the garden, even maybe willing to be doing some weeding.

After lunch and a nap for one of us we headed downtown on our bikes to check out the Asian Fest. It was hot in the sun, but cool under the canopies. We tasted some spring rolls as well as Indian masala dosa which had a little hotness to the dips.

We also watched a Tae Kwan Do exhibition. It was a good time, but we were ready to go home and relax when it was over. First we made some soup that included dried beans which had cooked in the Crockpot. We cut up and added a variety of veggies. It was good with some cinnamon, ginger, Cuban oregano, and garlic chives.


Paula

No comments: