Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Life Goes On

Our Internet stopped working yesterday morning. I am reminded just how much time I spend on the computer. It is a constant thought about what to do next. Besides doing regular chores, I have read more than usual, worked on some hard puzzles, at least hard for me, and spent some time weeding in the garden.

Work is going on in our neighborhood. I suspect that they somehow stopped the signal from having a wire to go along even though I see nothing that is amiss. Just how did life go in a forward motion before Internet?

I called the company on my cell because our home phone is also dependent on the Internet. For some reason the call was dropped in the middle of it. Leroy said he would call when he got home. He managed to get a good connection and set up a repair time of Sunday from 9:15 until 1:15. Sunday morning church services are at 9:00 and 11:00. I will be going to Saturday evening service if I can get there in time, but that will be hard because I wanted to ride the bike to work and I get done at 4:00. Church starts at five and I cannot ride 12 miles in less than an hour.

Today I am at the local college, using their computer, checking email, and writing to you. I learned the Internet company sent an email noting that they will let me know when they are coming so we can be prepared. My problem is how can I look at email when it is not working? I will have to let them know what my cell phone number is if I have not already done so.

Leroy noted that when he was in the garden again that the weeds were helpful for trapping moisture. Where he tilled the ground is quite dry.

For some reason our zucchini did not do well this year. Only two plants survived to adulthood. One of them is dying at the stem and ground connection. The other has some dead leaves. It looks like the ground/stem area is in trouble. The only blessing is that I will not have to spend hours this year searching for, chasing, and killing squash bugs.

Paula

No comments: