Monday, July 3, 2017

Fitbit Mysteries

Hello,

Leroy uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit software on the computer. It was not recognizing the tracker. It did not work. I even had trouble recording the amount of exercise and water intake. I then did the uninstall and reinstall. It still seemed not to work, telling me that it could not find the tracker. I was instructed to insert the dongle in the computer since it does not have Bluetooth connection. Even though it was already inserted, I took it out and put it in the alternate spot. No positive response. I just despaired and did not want to have an email conversation with some support person who might know what was going on. It is almost as bad as using the phone for this introvert.

The day before yesterday, I was sitting at the computer and my steps were recorded with no help from me. Yesterday I tempted fate and the same thing happened. In the afternoon Leroy and I went for a walk so that I had 11,000 steps on the tracker. When I put the tracker close to the computer and walked off it eventually recorded my steps, but stopped at 9,000 something. In the process it changed the amount on my tracker so it agreed with the computer. I had learned, along with nine year old granddaughter, Sophia, that when I recorded a walk it added steps even though I had not taken those extra steps. I believe it based it on the length of the walk. I recorded my walk time. The computer now recorded 11,000 plus steps. I quickly shut the computer off before it could change its mind. The rest of my evening was peaceful and not agitated by some machine that seems to march to a different drummer.

Does this thing have a mind of its own or what? It tracks in mysterious ways.


Paula

No comments: