Monday, July 10, 2017

Leroy's Brain

Hello,

Leroy’s brain must have changed. I always used to win when we played Boggle. It was almost embarrassingly easy. Yesterday we played once again. Out of three games he beat me twice. He even came up with some six letter words. The one time I did come out ahead, it was only one point.

All of this change has come about since he had that eye/brain therapy after his diagnoses of seeing double. Is this actually a good thing? Is his mind processing faster? Should I go get some therapy?

He can still take so long to answer a question that I become convinced that he has not heard me. I know that he likes to consider all sides of an issue before he makes snap judgments. Sometimes I would like to have the answer be a bit more straight and to the point. Sometimes even a yes or no would be what I anticipate, but the answer is more involved and I have to figure out the yes and no. Is it obvious that we think differently? Perhaps all of that keeps my brain sharp and functioning on a deeper level than I would on my own. So Leroy has a purpose in life to keep me as good as I can be.

Paula


No comments: