Sunday, July 23, 2017

Biking

Hello,



Leroy had organized a short bike trip with the church members, but only Leroy and I went. The heat could have been a factor along with the early morning time that he chose to beat the heat. We also wondered about rain before we left as it was quite cloudy. There was no rain, but a beautiful cool breeze. We both enjoyed it. We decided to go the full 20 miles that we had talked about with others even though it was tempting to turn around before the ten mile marker. I could certainly tell that I had not ridden much this summer. My seat was getting quite tired of all the sitting before we got back home. I had my Fitbit in my pocket even though it seemed not to record biking. This time I was pleased to note that I had 12,000 steps on there. Smart Leroy thought it might be because I did not have it on my waistband as I had in the past when riding the bike. Seemed like a good answer to me.



I am always pleased when we go out on the bikes and see so many people out there riding, walking, or skating. Even thought it was early we did see a few families as well. We both remember when we started riding bikes more and it seemed to be a solitary activity. Perhaps we even seemed strange to others.



The flowers along the trail are very nice. There are a number of trees that shade the trail as well so that is interesting too. We went north this time. At an area where there is a large parking lot there is now a tool stand where a number of tools are attached as well as a tire pump. It includes a bike stand as well so the bike can be more at eye level. All of the tools are on a pull chain that pops them back in place when the repair is finished.



The trout stream was running high and muddy from the recent rain splashing as it went over rocks. Not as pretty as usual but still interesting. I must get out more. What am I doing with my time instead?



Paula

No comments: