Sunday, July 30, 2017

Internet variance


Hello,



Our internet comes and goes without regard to our desires. One minute it is working and the next it is nowhere to be found. The first break lasted for two days, or it could have come back and we did not check it at that moment. Since it has come back it is quite unreliable, emerging and departing seemingly at will. I also find that it is going at a slower speed than it had in the past. Now Leroy is wondering if our modem/router is on the way out of usefulness. Unfortunately he does not know how to check to see if it is still good. His next thought was that maybe the cable is going. Again he does not know how to check its reliability. That nice guy, Leroy since he knows I do not like to call, is once again calling the company to see if they can learn anything of value and pass on that knowledge to us.



How did our lives get so tied and intertwined to this nebulous thing? It is a rare day when we do not use this connection in one way or another. Besides using it at home frequently we both use it at work, especially when cataloguing. But even at church Leroy uses it to connect to the calendar and other things I do not know about.



On Saturday I once again used some old technology: riding my bike to work. It was wonderful to go in the cool of the morning. Even in the afternoon it was not too bad, but I can tell that I am not riding much. I decided to mosey home as Leroy was at church. I was a bit surprised when I got home to learn that I had covered the 12 mile in an hour and fifteen minutes. Not so bad for a moseying, none speeding rider who felt tired. I am always pleased to meet so many people on the trail, walking, running, biking, and skating. Great to see those families out there being active together. The only objection is the people who have music blaring as if they think everyone enjoys that taste in culture. I can hear them for some time coming and going. I prefer the birds and wind.



Paula

No comments: