Monday, July 17, 2017

Jeans for Leroy?

Hello,



Leroy has told me in the past that I should go to Goodwill to get some cheap jeans for him for garden work. For some reason all of his good jeans are too good for that possibility.  I know from past experience it would be better if he were with me to try them on and that the women’s jean supply exceeds the men’s supply by four or five times. Friday on my shopping foray, I realized that I had some extra time, so I stopped in.



I checked to see what was the half price color tag for the day, went to the men’s jean rack, and started looking at every pair of jeans. Even in this sorted rack some of the jeans were women’s rather than men’s. No man’s pair in the right size was to be found. Then I noticed the clearance racks of items that were the last chance and with the low price of two for 88 cents. I really like to have items leap off the shelf and into my line of vision. This did not happen so again I started going through all of the jeans hanging, patiently waiting for a new owner. Guess what? No jeans for Leroy! But a pair that looked ok for me.



After going thought the rack lightly the second time, finding none for Leroy, I took this pair to the fitting room, and tried it on. They were not perfect, but quite close. Now the next task was to find some other item on the clearance rack that would make them each 44 cents rather than one pair for 88 cents. It was a long search using much more time than it was worth, but I came home with another top. Leroy and I both thought it looked quite fine on me, but the trouble is that I really do not need this top. I must get rid of something to justify this addition.



Paula

No comments: