Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Internet, garden, voting


Hello,



Our internet connection is flying along, giving the impression that it has a new lease on life. Does Leroy know what he is doing even though he confesses to be ignorant of why anything is better? Repair appointment is cancelled; router and modem are going to be returned. Hopefully life will be good now as far as the thread to other life on the planet is concerned. We will not be totally in the dark about daily happenings.



Watching that movie yesterday once again pointed out that we need to keep our focus on what is important about life and where God wants us to go and how to be. The Internet, or things, should not have such a front row seat all of the time.



Leroy worked in the community garden last night. I will work there tomorrow. We will both work on Saturday. I have posted this in two places. We are counting on some additional help, however if that does not happen we will just keep plodding along.



There is a special election today on one county issue. When Leroy and I got to the polls we learned that we were only voter number two and three. I realize it is not something that many people see making much difference in their lives so there is not a lot of emotions attached to it. Somehow I do not really find it front and center either, but I have this strong notion that I should vote on any issue that is presented. I like expressing my opinion when I do not have to say it out loud. Perhaps that is because I do not often want to defend my ideas again the stronger voices that are out there.



Paula

No comments: