Friday, August 4, 2017

Summer Mysteries

Hello,

How does the temperature change so quickly in just two or three days? Most days I am trying to figure out how to strip down the most without being indecent. Today it was a question of how much to add without overdoing the equation.

Why do I like sleeping with a cover on year round, even when it is quite hot? There is something about the feel of a cover that convinces me I am safe and secure. It was wonderful sleeping last night with open windows in other rooms to let in some of the cool breezy air which wafted into our territory so I could sleep under more than just the sheet.

Why is there so much wonderful produce in the summer that begs to be eaten and I cannot eat it all? In my house I have bananas and apples that are in residence year round. I am grateful for the storage and shipping ability of stores. Now I also have peaches, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, and cherries. Because I am concerned about our ability to eat it all I passed by on plums, and nectarines.

I also have lots of green leaves of one kind or another that are easily available to me. Those include kale, rainbow chard, collards, along with lamb’s quarters, lettuce, arugula, and oriental greens. To flavor we have winter onions, both bulbs and stems, garlic chives, chives, oregano, and basil. Cilantro should be re-growing soon. Peppers are also there for the picking.

Why does it all come in summer to delight the senses? And winter has things from a can or jar to sustain our memory?

Why has the Internet connection been working without a hitch since Sunday when Leroy plugged everything in once more?


Paula

No comments: