Wednesday, August 30, 2017

More Adventures

Hello,



We left the camp ground before lunch and headed off to a county park that has a great learning center. I did not sense any real enthusiasm for this next leg of exploration, but I insisted. After getting in the door, it took much time, as well as a major leverage to get people out the door and on the road home. I call that interest in what they were looking at. There are many interactive displays that are for young as well as older people. The one low to me was that we could not go in the bird blind because wasps had taken up residence there. We did not see much outdoor wildlife as we had in the past, but there were only a few mosquitoes around and that was a blessing. This has been an amazingly mosquito free summer. I am grateful for that as well as for the wonderful weather we experienced while those out of town people were visiting.



Everyone was a bit tired after getting home and unpacking the cars. So it was a low key evening, although there was still some energy for bike riding. I had intended to show the kids Brian’s sea shell collection that he had long ago, but forgot about that possibility. Brian started collecting when he was their age, but as an adult considered it something he was no longer interested in. I showed them to Sarah’s children when they were here and they were quite impressed even talking about getting some of them when I was tired of them or was narrowing my life to a smaller space. You know, more downsizing that is still in the future.



Paula

No comments: