Friday, August 25, 2017

Family Adventures Continued


Hello,



Miriam’s family was not coming until the evening. I worked in the morning, partly because of yoga. Leroy worked in the afternoon. So childcare and interaction was covered. Leroy and the kids did come to the library where they checked out numerous books many of which did not get read, but it upped the library circulation.



In the afternoon the kids and I went shopping. We were looking for some gifts for Miriam’s kids. Sophia was quite happy to look for a top for each of them, but Logan kept floating off. I was happy to make a purchase and go on the next store where we looked for some books. Books were found, but Logan found something he requested for his birthday, however since that is not until next February I declined. We then moved on to another store looking for a sketch book. I did not let them ride in the shopping cart that has seats for children as I thought they were too old. With an effort I managed to keep them moving and back out of the store. At the next store, when my internal time schedule was out of sync with reality, I thought maybe the cart for kids was a good idea so I gave into their pleas. It took a bit of strength to control it, but once rolling I did not slow down. Those kids called me a reckless driver although I managed to hit nothing. We made much better progress than had happened to date. I was getting anxious to get home and get a meal prepared for Miriam’s family as well as us. We headed on to the grocery store where I gave into more junk food requests because I just wanted to keep moving and get out. In my opinion these things are not real food. But my mission was to get out of the store in short order. I managed. When we got to the car I gave my purse to Logan to put on the seat which he did. We loaded the groceries and then turned to take the cart back. “Get my purse,” I commanded.



Logan retrieved my purse and I locked the doors with the door lock. Logan with a concerned look, asked, “Did you lock the doors? The keys are in there.”



After returning the cart I looked in my purse for the odd skinny spare key for this car, but did not find it. I thought I would call Leroy as he could come with another key. He did not answer. I searched a little more for that elusive key, found it where it belonged, but it was so deep in the pocket that I could not get it out. The kids tried to help too. Before I tore my wallet apart, we finally got it out, unlocked the door, piled in the car, and went home  where we learned that Miriam would be two hours late. They would eat on the road. All that hurrying for nothing!  At least we got the key out.



Paula

No comments: