Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Am I getting old?

Hello,

Yesterday Leroy and I got our taxes done with the help of the friendly capable volunteer at the service we used last year. That good Leroy had all of the needed information. I just sat, filled out a survey, and smiled pleasantly. That is ok; I can still manage to do that with great aplomb.

After that we came home where Leroy settled in for a day of doing any odd jobs around the house on his day off. At 9:30 I knew that I was to be at work at 11:30. Something happened in my brain. I was leaving the house when my boss called. Leroy answered and told her I was just leaving. I wondered if she wanted to remind me to be there at the earlier time of 11:30. Leroy then said, “Paula, it is 11:30.” Yikes! How did that happen?

Sunday afternoon, evening, I emailed the kids asking for pictures of their children so I could make another free collage. Somehow I got involved in watching a movie and I totally forgot about that organizing task. I am ashamed to say that all of my children went to work and sent me good cute pictures. Sigh!

There was something else I was going to relate, but now I cannot bring it to mind. Brain cells are collecting in my feet where they do no good as all I do is stomp on them.

Leroy spent some time yesterday going through his books for his church office. One of our tasks in the spiritually class is to live more simply. Leroy has now weeded out about 25 more books. That is so good. I have only found a few things that I am going to eliminate. Some have already gone to Goodwill. If I could just get rid of the thought, “I might need it in the future” I could lighten the load more easily.

Paula

No comments: