Sunday, April 27, 2014

Leroy is gone


Hello,

I have not heard anything so I assume that he made it. I do think about him sleeping since I do so much of the driving when we are together. A woman went with him, but she can not drive a shift car so it is all him. She did have a GPS that she was going to bring to help with navigation.

I went to a buffet dinner for a Liberian pastor who is being educated in the US. I was the last to arrive in part because I did not go the last service so I did not want to arrive too soon. Then I have to walk across 1st Ave. I forgot there was no stop light at the corner I was crossing. After waiting, then realizing that it would be quite a while for traffic to clear, I had to walk a few minutes out of my way and wait for the green. After that I started up 2nd Ave. instead of 3rd. On my way to the proper street three little boys had me look at their bikes one of which was new. It seemed each of them felt pride of ownership was worth hailing down a stranger. At any rate they were just ready to eat when I got there. At least I did not miss the food. It was quite good with Liberian peanut soup over rice.

It is very quiet around the house without Leroy. Usually I do not notice on days he is working. I guess I expect him to be around more on a Sunday afternoon.

The sirens just went off. I keep wondering if I should head to the basement, but I can hear the piano downstairs so decided to stay put. It was a fierce storm that blew through rather quickly and it is much quieter now.

Leroy has told me that he has had to put some onion sets back in the ground everyday. Today I had to do that job. We are not sure if it is a cat or a squirrel digging around in the bed, but we wish they would quit.

Paula

No comments: