Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Haircut

Hello,

It had been a month since my last haircut. Yesterday I needed a haircut. Today I planned to get one, but my hair looked so much better than yesterday. However I could not go next Wednesday because I will be on my way to MN to babysit for Brian’s children. Now that I have the haircut I am happy as it looks much better except for the fact that it points out more clearly that hair is disappearing. I know there are products that one can buy. Should I get such and admit that I do indeed want to look better? What cost is vanity? Why does my sister have such a great head of hair and I got the thinning variety? Oh well, for now it is not too much, but soon it will be like a beacon going before me. Already I find it harder to control. Seems that is backwards. Less hair ought to easier to arrange instead of springing up in weird ways. I am trying to be grateful because while my hair is lacking my health is good. I should whine when I have something serious to whine about.

An explanation of my scheduled departures in the next few months might clarify my time. April 9, I will be going to Brian’s for a Wed-Mon. trip. The purpose is to babysit and enjoy these grandchildren. I might even get back in time to work on Monday.

At the end of the month I am leaving on the 30th to May 6th to help Miriam celebrate her graduation. Again I could just do a weekend, but flights are much cheaper when going from Tue. or Wed. I will enjoy the week so I am not really complaining.

Then on July 2nd we will fly to UT for a reunion with our children. It is on the Monday following this weekend that Miriam, her girls, and I will drive back to Iowa.

I have not booked the ticket yet, but I am, and possibly Leroy too, going to DC to babysit with Sarah’s children.

Do you get the picture? All vacations or time off focuses around our children. But they are worth it.
Although Leroy declares, “This year we are going camping because I miss it.”

I say, “Don’t get too excited, it will happen.”


Paula

No comments: