Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hanging out Clothes

Hello,

This year hanging out clothes has been a tough go. My big wash day is Wednesday because I am home all day. Since the weather has been quite nice in recent days I just figured I could hang clothes out without even thinking about it. Leroy informed me that it was to rain today even though it looked quite fine when we woke. I had so many clothes piled up that washing could not wait many more days. So I put in the first load as soon as I could get it all rounded up. It went on the line as the second load was washing. Then I did a third load. I am pleased to report that all clothes came in the house before the rain truly started. The last three things got some sprinkles on them, but they are hanging on the clothes drying rack so it is not an issue.

Leroy rode the bike this morning with my assurances that I would come get him if it were raining. It appears that will be my task. It is not a strong rain, however not much fun to ride a bike in it.

 I am grateful for my mother’s clothes drying rack; especially in this place. I have used it almost every week in the winter. I would like an additional one, but of the style we had in Slovakia. I have never seen one like that in a US store. It folded so compactly that it was easy to store. This wooden one of my mother’s takes a lot more room. I am grateful that I have an attic that I can stick it in when I do not need it. I love putting unused things out of sight.

I am also making bread today. It is a nice day to turn on the oven and smell the baking smell. Life is good indeed.

The rain is to stop before we need to leave for choir practice. I am hoping that is true. I do not like walking in the rain. Often people are concerned when we walk in the cold, but the rain bothers me much more as we are too likely to get wet. Cold and wet lingers on even after we are inside.


Paula

No comments: