Friday, April 11, 2014

Shoes Returned

Hello,

I wore the new shoes in the house for an hour or so and my foot started to hurt so they went back to the store. It was easier, back in the day, to buy shoes before I noticed pain in my toes. Now cheap will not do and some expensive too are not right. If I were more able to part with money I would look into having some custom made shoes. At least I have shoes at home that I can wear with a certain amount of ease even if they are not stylish. That is the good side of all this.

I wanted mushrooms and onions so it was a good time to pick them up on the way home from dropping Logan at preschool. While I was contemplating mushrooms a woman came up and said, “You look like you cook. Can you tell me where I might find this?”

I was already to deny that I cooked when I looked at the word she was showing me in her recipe. It was edamame. Wow, I could even talk about this stuff. I had only purchased it as a frozen food so suggested she look there. I did not tell her that I have grown it. Then she showed me another recipe that had quinoa. Truly amazing! She wanted to know if I liked either of these foods, to which I could give aa positive yes. She then went on to explain that her son-in-law was coming to visit and he is vegetarian. She was feeling a bit out of her comfort zone. I looked over her recipes and told her I thought they looked good.

Well, I have followed the schedule of duties here. Last night was a bit tricky because Sophia had a fever when she came home from school. She did not want to go to Logan’s first soccer practice. After a couple phone calls with Brian and Jen, I gave her a fever reducer and we went. She had a miraculous cure when she saw one of her classmates there. They spent quite a lot of time enjoying each other’s company. After that her health was fine. She slept well even getting to sleep before Logan. I slept well on that other pillow. I put my pillow in the car this morning so I do not leave it here.


Paula

No comments: