Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Squirrel Work

Hello,

The squirrels are busy critters. There is an evergreen tree of some variety at the front of our house. For some reason, those animals are busy denuding the top of this tree. Leroy believes they are using the branches to make nests. That does seem a possibility because it is the season, why would they eat this tree only in the spring, this would explain why the nests that I thought were made of leaves do not fall apart in a good wind, and a lot is dropped on the ground which shows they are not eating it.

It is so amazing to look out and see the green grass as the leaves start to give a green haze to the trees. One thing when the other trees leaf out I will not able to keep such a close eye on those squirrels.

I do see squirrels digging around the house. Hopefully they will find all the nuts they buried so trees will not grow there. Perhaps that is part of the purpose of squirrels, to bury nuts away from the parent tree so they will have a chance to thrive and spread.

Enough about those squirrels. Leroy will be taking a class next week. That means he will be gone all week, consequently this is his last week working in the church until July. I am ready for July to come so that he can move the books he intends to give away to the Intern. He will be able to store them in the church office because he does not have much to put on the book shelves. We have put them almost out of sight under the dining room table which resides in the computer room. At least he does not squirrel things away, thinking they will be valuable some time later.

We are still bothered by fruit flies. I suspect the poinsettias of harboring them. So I have moved those plants to the back porch or on the deck. Surely, it will not freeze again? I know it might, so those plants are still in the pots and I can easily move them back in the house should the need arise. It is an approach-avoidance love affair with the plants. I love my plants, but I am always happy when spring comes and I can move them outside allowing me to enjoy the open space in the house. Is it the same way with children? I loved having my children at home, but was secretly relieved when they left home and I could enjoy some me time.


Paula

No comments: