Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Oops!

Hello,

The second day at Brian’s the kids decided a fun game would be to hide my clothes, especially if I got a fake excitement about it. You know, saying things like, “What happened to my clothes? Where are they?” All of that would then be followed by me franticly looking and wondering what I would do without more clothes. It did not take long for my suitcase to be emptied. I had to seek these lost items, finding them all. The next day I decided to wear my dark brown shirt, but I could not find it. I searched everywhere. Sophia told me she had not seen it so Logan must have hidden it. Logan did not remember anything about it. Sophia and I looked in his closet, drawers, and in the laundry. Even though she insisted that she did not put it in her room we looked just in case Logan had put it there.
No luck. Before I left yesterday morning I told Brian about my missing shirt. He and I looked once more. He assured me that they would send it. I am rich enough in tops that I could live until July without it. It did not seem worth it to send it. We will see all of our children in July in Utah. Did I mention that already? Am I excited about that?

At home I was thinking about that brown top when I opened the drawer looking for another to wear. There it was lying peacefully on the top of the pile. I guess I had thought of packing it, changed my mind, and left it at home. That was a lot of looking for something that we were never going to find.

As I told Brian I had seen a suggestion that one make a list of everything in a suitcase so you do not leave things behind. I will have to start that practice mostly so I do not search for the item left at home.


Paula

No comments: