Monday, April 21, 2014

Busy, but good

Hello,

We have walked to church five days in a row. Wednesday evening was choir practice and the rest of the days there were services. It has been so nice to be able to do this. I am happy about the ability to walk to church. Then to sing three of those times adds to the joy. On Wednesday I could tell that I had missed a practice so that was more learning, but for the services things came together and actually worked. I was impressed that that could happen. For some reason there are few sopranos in this choir. Sometimes there are only two of us singing the first part and two on the second part. We are singing with about 40 people so while the high voices of the first sopranos are probably heard I suspect the seconds are just some effort. Sometimes some altos join us so that adds to the effect.

One of the pleasures of being in a larger church is the availability of talented musicians. Besides the singers, the brass choir, bells, and organist were all adding to the excitement of the occasion.

In the afternoon another couple had invited us to come for lunch. There was an additional couple there as well. It was wonderful to have this time with them. I was pleased at how well we connected. As many of you know or suspect a hard part of moving all the time is getting to know new people on a deeper level. Good people are everywhere.

I had felt like I was hearing more noise in the car lately. I convinced Leroy to take it to the shop this morning.  After coming home he agreed that it was a bit noisy. They called because they could not find anything amiss. After asking more questions about the noise they took it out for a spin and heard it too. They then found a wheel bearing that was going bad. I am happy to know that I was not imagining things and that they can fix it. It is a comfort to know that it should work for a while longer. Besides that we have the money to pay for the repairs. What more could someone want?


Paula

No comments: